Saturday, June 13, 2009

Our First Night Out

Location: The Jesmond Hotel, Newcastle, England

Since last night was our first official night of our tour, we decided to go out on the town and treat ourselves to our own welcoming. Everyone was impresse

d with our American accents. (Newcastle doesn't get many tourists.) One of the most interesting things of the evening was heading to "The Gate" in the middle of the City Centre. From the outside, The Gate doesn't look any different from any old American shopping mall. But walk inside, and BAM! It's a clubbing mall! Yup, two floors of bars, discos, night clubs. It was weird. I felt like a middle school kid hanging out at the mall—but bar hopping!

Because it would be in poor taste to type out the details of the night, I will take the high road and refrain from doing so. And no, that's not because I don't remember any of it! But this post wouldn't be complete without a shout-out to my new best friend in Newcastle, Paris Hilton! That's right…Stacie and I met the exact replica of Paris on the streets of Newcastle Saturday night. The only difference was she had a strong British accent. I wish I could prove her look-a-like-ness to you, but alas, I didn't bring my camera out last night. But I did just use "alas" in a sentence, and that now makes this post complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment